[AccessD] One Accdr (front end) for each User's PC or Share theAccdr file on the File Server

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 21 02:54:07 CDT 2014

Hi Brad, just to stir the consensus ...

You can easily and safely share a front end.
The trick is to set the read-only flag on the .accdr file itself.

That will:

1. Block any writing to the FE.
2. Force temp tables to be created in the users local temp folder.
3. Network performance will be as it could be.
4. Prohibit any kind of corruption of the FE.

The advantage is, that you don't need any install on the workstations except, perhaps, providing a shortcut.

That said, we normally use the local-front-end-install as most others do, mainly because of the option for easy updates it provides.