[AccessD] Error 3027 in A2003 runtime

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 21 07:17:10 CDT 2014

Hi Steve

Welcome back.

Do you really have to delete the table?
Couldn't you just delete all records?

/gustav

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] På vegne af Steve Erbach
Sendt: 21. oktober 2014 13:38
Til: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Emne: [AccessD] Error 3027 in A2003 runtime

Dear Group,

It's been a long while since I logged into AccessD. I use Access for only one old project (10-1/2 years) that I've supported for too long, I'm afraid.

I recommended that Windows 7 machines be installed for this particular client. I also recommended moving from Access 2003 to Access 2010 to sort of keep up with the times, eh?

However, my application requires import and export to Paradox v. 4 tables.
I didn't discover that Microsoft dropped support for Paradox tables (and Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets) until the program crashed.

So I created an Access 2003 Runtime package with the Developer Tools and installed that instead (after UN-installing Office 2010 first, then installing the Runtime, then re-installing Office 2010!). But I ran into a different problem.

In preparation for importing Paradox data, the app deletes a temporary Access table with:

DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "xyztable"

The app crashes with the 3027 error:

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

It's been so long that I've worked with the Access Runtime that I don't know where to look. The app has worked for 10-1/2 years on Windows XP using Access 2003. I didn't remember that there was any particular restriction on deleting or creating tables. The table being deleted, by the way, is in the front-end.

Could anyone help me with this?

Sincerely,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI