[AccessD] One Accdr (front end) for each User's PC or Share theAccdr file on the File Server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Oct 22 16:58:35 CDT 2014

Ha!  Kid stuff!   :-)

Early this year, I wrote one which checked the current version of Tables, Data and Forms
recorded in a system table and then looked on Dropbox for update files, all of which had a
version number as part of the filename.

A table update file consisted of  lines of SQL Drop, Create, Alter, Add statements to run on
the BE tables

A data update file consisted of lines of  SQL Insert, Update statements to run on the BE
tables

There could be multiple Table or Data update files in the repository which had to be run
sequentially.

A forms update file was a  replacement FE accdb with the version number appended to the
filename which was copied down and renamed if newer.

Once the updates were done, a log file (and a separate error log file if necessary)  were
uploaded to Dropbox.

THEN  the application was opened.

(All done with a few hundred lines of PowerBASIC code)

--
Stuart