[AccessD] Table Structure Ideas

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:20:02 CDT 2014

No, and even if there was, you'd have an issue with printing it.  The
client is using spreadsheet thinking so you have to be smarter and come up
with new ways to display the data and allow them to enter/edit it.  The
input screens do NOT need to mimic the printed form, which is pretty
horrible.  That's just the way clients think.  If you present them with a
tab control with a single tab for each input section, you can drop a
continuous subform on each tab and handle as many samples as they need.
 Input should be consistent across the tabs.  Horizontal and vertical
distinctions are for printing.  Data entry requires easy to read and
enter/edit, so it will always be stacked vertically.

Charlotte