[AccessD] Windows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 13 11:38:06 CDT 2014

An interesting aside, is that Googles "sunsetting" SHA-1 and other old security protocols. How is this going to affect Microsoft? It means that a number of OSs and applications will be deprecated as they can not accommodate the new security.

This means that only Window 8.x +, the latest Office versions and the latest IE will be able to be upgraded to the new signing capabilities. For further details:

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.ca/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html

This may work very well for Microsoft in getting customers away from older products.

Jim