[AccessD] Another normalization question

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Tue Sep 16 14:49:12 CDT 2014

Create a one--many linked Contacts table.  You can add a date field for "Inactive Date" on the Contact record to go along with name, department, phone number, email address, whatever.  If it Inactive Date gets filled in, you will know the contact is inactive as well as when the contact went inactive.  You can then filter on this field to only show/report on active contacts.  Then you will not lose any potentially important numbers.

John Bodin

jbodin at sbor.com