[AccessD] Another normalization question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:45:13 CDT 2014

I really like Mark and Bill's solution for this simple database -- I'm going
to drop a new fk in and add "personal" to the type description. Well, that's
my plan -- we'll see how it fits tomorrow. I really appreciate all the help.
Thank you!

Susan H.

Some phone numbers belong to positions, others belong to people and yet
others belong to the whole institution. You should  differentiate them.

Think about it as:

Institution:  Inst Name, Address, Switchboard Phone #
     Position - Posn Name, Bus Phone # etc
         Person - , Pers Name, Pers Phone #, email etc

Institution/Person is one-to-many
Position/Person is potentially many-to-many

--
Stuart