[AccessD] Scanning documents as attachment

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Sep 25 10:27:54 CDT 2014

I think you would want to first set up a folder for all the documents.  I
assume that they'd become pdfs?  And all scanned docs go into that folder.

Than, add a field to the Animal table for each document you want to store.
Make it a hyperlink format.

On the animal form, you will have a bound text box, locked but not disabled
so the click event will fire.  When you hover over it, the pointer will turn
into a finger because it's a hyperlink (and it won't be editable.  Next to
each text box a command button will pop up the file finder (I've got code in
the can for that - I still use the Littwin, Getz ADH code for that), and
having selected the document, that path and file name goes into the bound
text box and the table. And voila!  Documents can be popped up with a click
on the field. Just be sure that the pdf file type is associated with a pdf
reader that's loaded onto the target machine.