[AccessD] Problem of a listbox's response on network... Part 1

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 10 02:10:37 CDT 2015

Actually DAO is the default data management protocol in MS Access but it is not related to ADO. ADO is a separate protocol that MS has included with all its Windows versions since Win98. ADO is not even in Access, it is totally separate API but it is always in the path.

Check out the following link. It does not explain everything about ADO and DAO but it will give you some basic understanding on how both protocols can work together.

http://dba.creativesystemdesigns.com/newsletters/newsletter112003/0311UnboundReports.asp

Note: The above link is a connection to the DBA's test archive/website and it may be moved or changed at anytime.

Jim