[AccessD] Error message on some queries

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:30:16 CDT 2015

I keep getting the following error, only when trying to go into Design Mode
or Save, when attempting either operation on a named query:

   " is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid
characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

I haven't done anything, SFAICS, to create this situation. It's occurring
in one of the samples (TimeBilling 2007 version), and on several named
queries therein. I've already tried deleting them and rebuilding them, but
still get the error. At least a few of the queries in question came with
the sample app, so I'm seriously puzzled about this. Despite the message, I
can load the query, but when I attempt to save it, this message comes up.
And sometimes it comes up on the attempt to load the query in Design mode,
but then it lets me change the query, but not to save it (the message comes
up again).

Any suggestions as to what causes this or how to fix it are most welcome.

--
Arthur