[AccessD] How To Display an Image from a Pervasive Database table Via Access 2007

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Thu Apr 30 16:11:17 CDT 2015

Bill,

I never gave much thought to the name of the DBMS.  It came bundled with the Sage Business Works accounting package.  We had no choice in the DBMS, we simply bought an accounting package about 10 years ago.  I would have preferred it to be SQL-Server, but it wasn't.

For the past 5 years, I have been using ODBC to obtain data from the Sage Business Works Pervasive database.  It seems to work well for us (small manufacturing firm).

Here is a little more info for old timers who may have heard of Btrieve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervasive_Software

Pervasive started in 1982 as SoftCraft developing the database management system technology Btrieve.

Brad

PS.  I cut my teeth on a mainframe DBMS called "Total" from Cincom Systems in 1975.  Where in the world did 40 years go?  Anyone who worked with Total will remember "Refer Madness"  :-)