[AccessD] More hi-jinks

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Thu Dec 10 14:30:07 CST 2015

Hi Jim;

You are too funny -- but believe me, if I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd have given up a while ago. :)

I just got back in from a walk around the facility. It's a great birding day and it cleared my head. Here are my simplest options:

1.) Create a group table and use UNIONs. There'd be nothing in this table but the group names and I suppose a species id.
2.) Add a field to the Individuals table that ids groups and add them to the existing table.

Thank you for your thoughts -- I like them and it's good to get that confirmation that this doesn't have to be as difficult as I was making it.

Susan H.

Ah! - so you're getting that little something extra for Xmas!

Maybe you should also consider recording the ongoing weight of each animal in a herd, while you are doing this addition
:)
And correlate that with the input of food and output of ...
:(

And - there will be conversion factors - 1 deer = 0.002 of a tiger
1 grasshopper = nnn ants of type,

So - reality:

Consider - is it appropriate to have a 'type' indicator and include the groups into the main database, or better to have them recorded in additional separate tables using their own forms set and additional 'Union's

Me, I'd tend to include them with the extra entry of type and group-id  and then you only need special tables for a very few processes related to that type - such as add to, or remove from a the specific group of that type

Maybe an indicator to indicate if the being is to be managed as an individual, but also as part of the indicated group Then you can start considering the additional action forms needed to relate to the group - as in feed/day, and cost of that food.
And - the follow up - food procurement sources, quality checking on receipt, storage requirements, max and actual amounts (volume and/or weight)  and quality checking on extraction from the store And together with that there will be the daily input (from where) and output (to
where/what)