[AccessD] Dynamic SQL statement

Bob Walsh BWalsh at acumentra.org
Thu Dec 10 15:14:56 CST 2015

Glad to help.
Merry Christmas.
From: AccessD <accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com> on behalf of FW Salato Center <Salato at ky.gov>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:04 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Dynamic SQL statement

I had the Recordset solution running in a matter of minutes. Testing was painless. Thank you Bob!

Susan H.

I've just realized something similar. We have individual ids -- names and tag numbers. An animal needs one or the other. I started with two fields and I'm using UNION as needed.

I should've used one field and added a field to describe it as name, tag number, and whatever they decide to add later. :(

Susan H.

We all get blindspots. I've just come across one.

For years, we've been storing essentially identical data in two sets of columns depending on what Province the primary record belongs to.  (Don't ask - I didn't design that, it was someone else's add on)

That has required different data screens and  variations on 3/4 of the CRUD procedures on the primary records.

Just realised that I can combine these data points and simply everything considerably.  Just need to change the data labels on the front end depending on Province, but use the same procedures for all records.

Doh! again.