[AccessD] Fwd: Problem Making Query

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:59:04 CST 2015

Wow, I didn't even press send! WTF!

I have a form where I used a list box with 3 optional boxes in a frame.
Active, Complete and Both are the options (0, -1 & 2 are the values
respectively).

The query has a Boolean ID field that it looks at:
IIf([forms]![frmDatabaseMapping]![fraShowProjects]=2,-1,[forms]![frmDatabaseMapping]![fraShowProjects])
or
IIf([forms]![frmDatabaseMapping]![fraShowProjects]=2,0,[forms]![frmDatabaseMapping]![fraShowProjects])

If the client doesn't want a framed optional box, you can have a hidden
text box with a value.
 In the after_update event of each check box, call a sub named CalcStatus:
(warning all air code)

Private Sub CalcStatus
   me.txtShowStatus = abs(nz(me.chkActive,0)) +  abs(nz(me.chkComplete,0))
end sub

Then in your query
switch([forms]![frmMyForm]![txtShowStatus ] = 1,"COMPLETE",
[forms]![frmMyForm]![txtShowStatus ] = 2, "Active",
[forms]![frmMyForm]![txtShowStatus ] =3,"*")