[AccessD] less than on text field

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Tue Dec 15 23:13:07 CST 2015

Thanks Paul,
That does work directly with the text field. The problem is:
< 11 displays 10 but not 9, 8, 7 and 6
> 11 displays 9 and 8 but not 10
< 11 OR >11 returns 11.1943, etc. (all the minor versions)

So I thought by converting it to integer that it would be a quick solution
as then < 11 would work perfectly. Problem is doesn't and this hasn't been
quick, lol. I even imported all the data into an access DB instead of
connecting via ODBC. Nothing would work for criteria on the converted field.

So, I used the query without the version filter, created a table and then
changed the new table's double type to integer type made a duplicate query
using the new table and all worked fine. Seems a bit roundabout way to find
4 client workstations out of 240 that need old software removed.

Thanks again,
John
BTW this is all to find my clients with old IE versions installed (supports
end Jan 12, 2016)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle#gp/Microsoft-Internet-Explorer