[AccessD] Access 2007 broken

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:19:12 CST 2015

Arthur -- is this every database, even a new one or just the one you're
trying to modify?

1.) I'd back it up.
2.) Run Office Repair (which never works). If that doesn't take care of it
(and it probably won't)...
3.) Pull everything into a new db.

This might be a corrupted database and not a broken Access. :)

Susan H.

I've done something to break my Access, but have no idea what. I seldom use
it anymore, other than maybe to modify the structure of a BE, and haven't
worked on an FE for some time, so I really have no idea when it broke, nor
why. The only change I've made recently was to install the latest version of
MZ-Tools. No matter which event I define on a form -- a double-click on a
text control, a click on a button, etc. -- all of them result in the
message:

The expression OnClick <or whatever other event I try> you entered in the
event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred
while Microsoft Office Accesswas communicating with the OLE Server or
ActiveX control.

I checked the References and nothing is missing. The ADO libraries were not
checked so I checked them, then compiled, but that didn't help either.