[AccessD] Access 2010+ with SharePoint

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Dec 30 14:56:47 CST 2015

Arthur,

  A2013 and A2016 have something called Web Apps, which are a change from
Web Databases in A2007/2010.

  With 2007/2010, the FE was in SharePoint, as well as the data, which was
stored in SharePoint Lists.

  For A2013 and up, the FE is still in SharePoint, but the data is now
stored in SQL Server in the cloud (Azure).

  Thoughts are; not good for much.   Web Apps have a limited set of forms
and controls, only a half dozen so events, and you have to use macros.
There is also no reporting.  In short, they are good for nothing but basic
CRUD operations.

  You can however do a hybrid app where you do a FE in the Web app, then
have a traditional desktop client pointed to the same BE.

Jim.