[AccessD] Locked down database

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:34:43 CST 2015

I've just been asked by an old client to 'rescue' a database so it can be
developed again.  This db was left in a locked down state of some kind by
an ex-employee of theirs. It wasn't an amicable parting :)

The database is in Access 2007 format.  It's not password protected, and it
is in .accdb format, not accde. The 'hold down the shift key to open'
option has been bypassed.  There is no 'design view' option when you right
click on a form, and of course all menus have been hidden.  I tried
creating an blank db and importing, but the forms list in the import window
is greyed out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug