[AccessD] Access Controlling Excel Via Windows Automation

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Tue Feb 3 15:14:00 CST 2015

All,

I don't have a lot of experience with this realm but I have had some success using Access VBA to control Excel via Automation.

I have one Access 2007 application that creates a number of reports.  Recently I have added new VBA code to also create an Excel file.  This works nicely on my development PC that has Access 2007 and Excel 2007.

However, I have run into some problems when trying to deploy this application on a machine that has Access 2010 Runtime and Excel 2013.

All of the reports work properly via Access 2010 Runtime.

However, when I try to run the VBA code that generates the Excel file, the application hangs up.  There are no error messages.

I am using "Late Binding".

I am not sure where to start looking.

Should Access 2010 Runtime work properly in conjunction with Excel 2013?  (both are 32 bit)

Is anyone else using this combination?

I have thought about upgrading Access Runtime from 2010 to 2013, but I would prefer to not do this if I can resolve the current problems.

Thanks,
Brad