[AccessD] Locked down database

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Wed Feb 4 14:44:13 CST 2015

It was probably a word-wrap issue from being in an email.  The line went
onto the next line without an underscore at the end of the first line.
That's all.
I'll let you know what else I run into, if anything.  Thanks.
TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com
231-322-2787

On 2/3/2015 12:24 PM, Dan Waters wrote:
> Do I need to change something?
>
> Dan

>>> 3         If stgSourceFilePath = "File Not Selected" Or
>>> stgSourceFilePath =
>>> "" Then
>>> 4             MsgBox "Can't find file!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly,
>>> "No File"
>>> 5             Exit Function
>>> 6         End If
>>> 7         DoEvents
>>>                        '-- Set Source MDB or ACCDB as the CurrentDatabase
>>> 8         Set MappSource = New Access.Application
>>> 9         MappSource.Visible = False
>>> 10        MappSource.OpenCurrentDatabase stgSourceFilePath
>>> 11        DoEvents
>>>             12        ChangeProperty "AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean,
>>> True  '-- Allow shift
>>> key bypass
>>> 13        ChangeProperty "AllowSpecialKeys", dbBoolean, True '--
>>> Allow F11
>>> key
>>> 14        ChangeProperty "AllowBreakIntoCode", dbBoolean, True
>>> 15        ChangeProperty "AllowFullMenus", dbBoolean, True
>>> 16        ChangeProperty "StartupShowDBWindow", dbBoolean, True
>>>             17        MappSource.CloseCurrentDatabase
>>> 18        Set MappSource = Nothing
>>>             19        MsgBox "Your file at " & stgSourceFilePath & "
>>> is now available!",
>>> vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "File Now Available"
>>>             20        Exit Function
>>>             EH:
>>> 21        stgPrompt = "ERROR: SelectFile" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine _
>>>                 & "Line:            " & Erl & vbNewLine _
>>>                 & "Number:        " & Err.Number & vbNewLine _
>>> 22        MsgBox stgPrompt, vbExclamation + vbOKOnly
>>> 23        Stop
>>>             End Function
>>>
>>> Private Function SelectFile() As String
>>> 1         On Error GoTo EH
>>>
>>>             Dim fDialog As Office.FileDialog
>>>             Dim stgPrompt As String
>>>             Dim varFile As Variant
>>>
>>> 2         Set fDialog = FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
>>>
>>> 3         With fDialog
>>>
>>> 4             .AllowMultiSelect = False
>>> 5             .InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
>>> 6             .InitialFileName = CurrentProject.Path
>>> 7             .Title = "Select the Access file."
>>>
>>> 8             .Filters.Clear
>>> 9             .Filters.Add "Access Databases", "*.MDB"
>>> 10            .Filters.Add "Access Databases", "*.ACCDB"
>>>                 '.Filters.Add "Access Projects", "*.ADP"
>>>
>>>                 '-- Show the dialog box. If the .Show method returns
>>> True, the _
>>>                  user picked at least one file. If the .Show method
>>> returns _
>>>                  False, the user clicked Cancel.
>>> 11            If .Show = True Then
>>> 12                For Each varFile In .SelectedItems
>>> 13                    SelectFile = varFile
>>> 14                Next varFile
>>> 15            Else
>>> 16                SelectFile = "File Not Selected"
>>> 17            End If
>>>
>>> 18        End With
>>>
>>> 19        Exit Function
>>>
>>> EH:
>>> 20        stgPrompt = "ERROR: SelectFile" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine _
>>>                         & "Line:            " & Erl & vbNewLine _
>>>                         & "Number:        " & Err.Number & vbNewLine _
>>> 21        MsgBox stgPrompt, vbExclamation + vbOKOnly
>>> 22    Stop
>>>
>>> End Function
>>>
>>> Public Function ChangeProperty(stgPropName As String, varPropType As
>>> Variant, varPropValue As Variant) As Boolean
>>> 1     On Error GoTo EH
>>>
>>>             Dim prp As DAO.Property
>>>             Dim stgPrompt As String
>>>             Dim dbs As DAO.Database
>>>             2         Set dbs = MappSource.DBEngine(0)(0)
>>>
>>> 3         dbs.Properties(stgPropName) = varPropValue
>>>
>>> 4         ChangeProperty = True
>>>
>>> XH:
>>> 5         Exit Function
>>>
>>> EH:
>>> 6         Select Case Err.Number
>>>
>>>                 Case 3270
>>>                     '-- Add property if not already created
>>> 7                 Set prp = DBEngine(0)(0).CreateProperty(stgPropName,
>>> varPropType, varPropValue)
>>> 8                 DBEngine(0)(0).Properties.Append prp
>>> 9                 Set prp = Nothing