[AccessD] Creating Applications With SQL & Access

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:22:04 CST 2015

In the case of Access, since you're not using it as a front end, you don't
need the run-time; the mdb or accdb is enough. In the case of SQL Express,
you'll need to install that on each client's machine/server and there's a
free version of SSMS, which may or may not be bundled with your download,
depending on which one you choose. Your clients will typically have no need
of SSMS, but you might want it there in case you have to troubleshoot or
something. That aside, just include the SQL Express package you downloaded
in your own setup package and that's it, you're done.

Arthur

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Paul Hartland <paul.hartland at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> To all,
>
> I am starting to use Visual Studio Express and building some applications
> to sell, that will use Access (will be moved to SQL in the future) as the
> backend and some using SQL Server Express as the backend, now I am sure I
> looked into this some time ago and as long as I included certain files the
> machine the application was installed on wouldn't require SQL Server or MS
> Access to be installed on them....Is this true, or have I been dreaming.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any help on this.
>
> --
> Paul Hartland
> paul.hartland at googlemail.com

Arthur