[AccessD] Automatic Update Function

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:44:36 CST 2015

Hello all -

Do any of you have a favorite approach/module that you use to automatically
update the front end on the user's machine?  My monster application from
WIFI hell has had auto update issues as well as corruption issues.

My co-worker that developed part of the app with me wrote an auto update
module that

Creates a batch file on the fly
Closes Access
Runs the batch file to copy the new front end to the user's machine and
then re-opens access

At least that's what's supposed to happen...there have been a number of
times that I've been suspicious about whether or not this auto update is
somehow triggering back-end corruption too, although I don't know why it
would.  There have been many times when the app is up and running fine on
10 machines and when the 11th machine starts up and goes into auto-update
mode the whole thing comes crashing down.  Maybe that's just coincidence.

BTW, I'm implementing the 'write to CSV' option today to try and stop the
corruption...

Janet Erbach