[AccessD] Goodbye Leszynski/Reddick?

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Sun Jan 25 10:18:34 CST 2015

I do the same.

Example:

Objects
    tblCustomers --> table of all customers
    qryCustomers --> query for a list of customers
    frmCustomers --> form to manage customer info
    rptCustomers --> report of customer info

Variables
    lngCustomerID --> primary key for customer
    stgCustomer --> customer name in a string variable
    cboCustomer --> combobox of customers
    txtCustomer --> customer name in a text box
    dteCustomerAdded --> date customer added

And so on ...

This makes objects easy to find by sorting the list by name.  I often have a
set of objects which are a functional set so I design a name which
identifies them all and they'll all be together in the list.

In code, it's a big help to be able to see what the variable or object type
is without having to 'figure it out' each time.  I'm now developing in .net
and am using the same scheme.

Dan