[AccessD] Microsoft stock price crashed today

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Jan 27 15:01:18 CST 2015

 Hi Mark --

>>  Now, the grim reality sets in.
Yes, I watched

http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/

a few days ago, and I must say I wasn't excited at all, as were the Microsoft folks who conducted this presentation. Just this afternoon (GMT+3) I have talked about my doubts of MS bright future to my colleague here...

I'm not a financial analyst but when I look at this information

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/default.aspx

and this information

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY15/Q2/default.aspx

I see that MSFT has got USD0.71 per share income for the last financial year period, and current MSFT share cost is USD42+ (please corret me if I'm wrong) IOW MS shares bring less than 2% yearly income. Is it a good profit? I'm not sure about that.
Also MS reports almost 40% income from commercial licensing and this income part should shrink considerably in the coming years because of competition from/with OSS...

And from professional developer point of view when I look at

"Create a simple REST web service with Python" (Linux/Ubuntu)
http://www.dreamsyssoft.com/blog/blog.php?/archives/6-Create-a-simple-REST-web-service-with-Python.html

and then compare it with

http://www.asp.net/web-api/overview/getting-started-with-aspnet-web-api/tutorial-your-first-web-api

http://www.asp.net/media/4071077/aspnet-web-api-poster.pdf

I'm literally starting to cry...

I mean Microsoft software development tools are great no doubt but they seems to be what is called here "shoot a gun on the wheel" - too much resources spent to solve simple tasks - whatever software from Microsoft you'll use - the same pattern of resources overuse can be found :(

And this is a system issue, AFAIU (I can be wrong) MS Windows, MS Office and other MS apps (SharePoint !) and development tools can't be fixed in principle from the point of view of using system resources optimally, if only they will not substitute it by a Linux custom distro with Windows 12(?) "face" and rewrite all their software from scratch. They can do the latter no doubt if they will have time and financial resources.

I"m afraid that after MS has lost (?) mobile market "battle" it will start loosing its positions on all the "fronts" especially taking into account that the new generation of developers and users aren't pro-Microsoft at all (?).

I like MS Visual Studio and C# development a lot but the REST sample above in Python can run in "tea-pot", and similar functionality implemented using MS tools if managed to be built into a "tea-pot" will make this "tea-pot" boiling. I'm exaggerating of course but just a bit. :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil