[AccessD] Dirty property

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:54:40 CDT 2015

True Darryl, from my limited testing. When closing the form, the only
chance you have to intercept the saving of any information which may have
changed in a bound control is the form's Before_Update event. However, that
is the same event you would use to validate changes were the user to click
Save. and you don't really know, is the user Saving or are they Closing,
because neither Form_Unload not Form_Close has yet fired, and Access does
not have a QueryClose (and even if it did, Before_Update would probably
fire first." Of course if you have a specific Save command button, you can
set a flag UserSaving so bypass the message about losing changes from
closing the form - but then the user could go ahead and click the Save icon
on the menu, and then where are ya? There is no Form_BeingSaved event. It's
a nightmare. SAVVVVEEEE MEEEEE from bound controls!