[AccessD] The Commodore 64 makes a comeback. Sort of...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jul 23 10:22:41 CDT 2015

Hi Rocky

Well, I didn't - and didn't even miss one.

It may have been because I worked with the AVL Eagle computer (CB/M based) from 1978 and with the IBM PC from its launch. With the AVL Eagle as a serious tool of that time, and the respectful - not to say frightening - IBM branding of the PC, everything else seemed like toys. And with the Macintosh in 1984 the scene was set.

Also, the IBM PC was a real pro design for heavy use, the Macintosh was neat in its own way and represented good engineering while Commodore 64, Amstrad, and Atari were of ugly design and seemed manufactured the cheapest way possible.

Perhaps I'm just dull and boring. The only game I found really fascinating is Tetris from the "Microsoft Entertainment Pack for Windows." (notice the dot). Just checked: I still have the box.

/gustav