[AccessD] Display on 21:9 screen

RockySmolin at bchacc.com RockySmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Jul 24 10:20:18 CDT 2015

Dear List:

I have a client who has changed from 16:9 displays to 21:9 displays -
ultrawide.  In my product I use the venerable screen resizing module
from the Access Developer's Handbook.  It has always worked well with
some custom tweaks I have made over the years, and works well in 16:9.
But it does not resize correctly in 21:9.

The client can make the forms display correctly by setting the display
back to 16:9 but is complaining that the inability makes his investment
in ultra wides 'useless'.

So maybe the technology has finally outstripped the ability of the
Littwin, Getz, et al's  resizing code to keep up.

I'm on the road and just got this report so I can't replicate the
condition until I get back to the office.

Bu in the meantime is there an alternative - preferably packaged in a
module - that effectively replaces the ADH code?

MTIA

Rocky