[AccessD] The Commodore 64 makes a comeback. Sort of...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jul 25 04:31:11 CDT 2015

Hi Rocky

Yes, and the preformatted floppies did cost a fortune.
We quickly managed to find out to make them ourselves from standard CP/M formatted floppies by means of a disk editor. It was only a few bytes you had to "flip" and - voila - you had an AVL diskette.

I also recall how we used a standard oscilloscope to "break" the PosiTrak code controlling the projectors. We had to find out as our automated control system had to know how to reset the full projector stack controlled by the QD3 or Dove control units.
The rumour went and we happened to have a visit by the chief engineer who was curious about these boys in Copenhagen and their doings. The AVL people were nice - young, curious, and hardworking as ourselves, and we visited the AVL premises several times and established a lasting friendship.

As you know, the (true) multi-media business transformed completely as HDTV and video projectors evolved and wiped out the slide projectors and 16 mm projectors and 35 mm projectors for corporate usage.

/gustav