[AccessD] Ac2013 running out of resources

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:10:24 CDT 2015

Guys, I sure join in the lament but.... surely there HAS to be a way to not
run out of resources. Even if I have to stash the darned data in a remote
database (also linked to SharePoint obvously) that I open long enough to
run a report in via a auto exec macro and then shut it down... surely there
has to be a way to do this? I hate abject failure.

Would it matter if I ran the reports against a temp table (populated with a
consecutive loop of make table queries)? There are seldom more than 30
records per report, as this routine is breaking out project list report by
partner - or manager, itdepends on which is called - and no partner has
more than 30 projects that is sure.

I wanted to test the impact of opening the reports in acPreview as David
suggested... but dammit, the database stopped being able to connect to
Sharepoint url about 8PM. Maybe they brought it down for maintenance. So I
couldn't test it.

I don't mind a kluge at this point. Barring that, asking the user to shut
down the database to run all remaining reports (in picking up at whatever
point the record set left off by comparing to records in a log table is
about all I can come up with here... not likely to endear me with my users.