[AccessD] Force selection of multiple records on a datasheet subform

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:14:21 CDT 2015

I *thought* once back in the day when I was a mentally fit Access
programmer, that I had slain this dragon. But maybe it was all a dream. I
certainly cannot think of how to do it now.

What I have is a list of names and a variety of other details per record,
in a data sheet subform.

I have conquered the problem of how to record what records are selected
when the user leaves the subform to click on an action button elsewhere on
the main form (the problem I had there was that when the subform lost
focus, so did the knowledge of what records the user had selected - as I
say, I solved that be storing the selected items in an array in the Form's
MouseMove event).

What I now would like to do is ... so as not to confuse the user visually -
in the click event of that command button, reselect the records on the
subform. Because right now, when the form loses focus, it only seems to
show one item selected - assumedly, the last record that was the current
record.

Any ideas on whether it is possible to force selection of records in the
subform? I know I can navigate the recordsetclone set a bookmark and return
to a particular record - but I cannot think of a way to force selection of
a group of consecutive records.