[AccessD] Calculated Fields

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:59:23 CDT 2015

Web-based solutions are really what data macros were created for, to
replace the VBA and Access macros that don't work on the web.  I've been
hearing this from MVPs for some time but I can't point to a particular
article.

Data macros can be very powerful but, like triggers, they can be used
inappropriately too.  I tend to use them to put date/time and user ID into
records automagically, but I don't use them to update a totals value.  I
don't think they work across tables, either, which triggers can.

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336