[AccessD] Hiding or otherwise grouping database objects

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:07:40 CDT 2015

I have found one thing I like about the Ac2013 interface, and maybe this
existed before Ac2013 but I've started using it now - that is adding
objects to custom groups for navigating.

One problem I have is that I have only found a method to add them to groups
manually through the UI. Some of the tabledefs I use get recreated on the
fly through make table queries. When that happens, the new object is always
in the unassigned category.

I think a workaround would be a delete records and append records
combination rather than maketable - however I believe some of the queries
are edited dynamically or are based on crosstabs such that the resulting
fields are not always consistent - hence the choice for maketables. Still,
that could probably be controlles through DDL and code.

In any case, my shortest path right now would be this - can someone share
some VBA method for changing whatever property on an object adds it to a
group? Since the same object can be added to more than one group, perhaps I
should not call this a property of the object, perhaps it is forcing some
addition or removal of the object's name from a collection (or more than
one collection).

I found some code which I think is part of the solution. But I wouldn't
know how to retrieve the required parameters.

INSERT INTO MSysNavPaneGroupToObjects ( GroupID, ObjectID, Name )
VALUES ( 55, 418, 'TableName' )
Any pointers?