[AccessD] Automatic Update Function

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:32:08 CST 2015

Of course it was simple.  However if you look at SQL Server export for
example, by default if you tell it to use quotes, it quotes EVERY FIELD.

So if you are getting data from the wild, look out.  If you are doing
the export yourself, and then the import yourself, it is really fairly
easy, you control both ends.

As I mentioned I like pipe delimited because (in MY data) pipes are
unheard of, so using that as a delimiter is pretty safe.  My data is
name / address from the wild, so tabs are encountered occasionally. I
have never actually seen a pipe coming in from raw data, though of
course it is a key on the keyboard and someone could accidentally hit it.

John W. Colby