[AccessD] Delimiter Value

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Mar 3 14:31:17 CST 2015

Can you refer me to that "standard"?

The closest I've ever come to finding one is RFC 4180 which not a standard itself and which
includes the wording

"While there are various specifications and implementations for the
   CSV format (for ex. [4], [5], [6] and [7]), there is no formal
   specification in existence, which allows for a wide variety of
   interpretations of CSV files."

It then continues until you reach this classic absolute classic:

"5.  Each field may or may not be enclosed in double quotes (however
       some programs, such as Microsoft Excel, do not use double quotes
       at all).  If fields are not enclosed with double quotes, then
       double quotes may not appear inside the fields. "

--
Stuart