[AccessD] Acess 2010 Runtime Printing Problem

Robin Lawrence lawrence.robinr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 09:06:47 CST 2015

Hi,
I've not posted for a while being semi-retired but I've come across a
problem with an Acess XP database which is running on Acess 2010 runtime on
Win7 computers.
The problem is with a computer that prints tickets from a Star TSP743II
thermal printer which is installed to that computer only (via USB)

This was previously running on an XP computer which has now been replaced
by a Win7 machine - however my full copy of Access is XP on a XP virtual
machine (don't have full 2010) which doesnt have the drivers for that
printer installed.

If I remember correctly the way I use to do this was to save the report to
a specific printer, copy the db to the new machine (Runtime only) and when
the report is run it can't find the printer so it asks whether to print to
the default or specific printer. This (I'm sure?) only used to happen the
first time the report was run - then it remembered the settings....?

However this is not happening with 2010 runtime - it simply doesn't save
the settings ... and asks for them again next time the report is run

The user has admin privileges on the machine concerned.

Any suggestions welcome,
Rgds
Robin Lawrence