[AccessD] Audit Trail Suggestions

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 10:09:39 CDT 2015

I've usually done this with a data macro in the table itself running in the
BeforeUpdate of the table and log the Windows user and the date/time of the
edit.  Another approach I've used when a history is a requirement is to use
the BeforeUpdate of the field to store a record in another table that
contains the previous value of the field and the previous user who added or
updated the record.  The advantage to using a data macro in the table is
that it runs no matter how the data is updated, through a form or a query
or directly in a table.

Charlotte