[AccessD] Form changing behavior after changing record source

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Fri Mar 20 12:11:15 CDT 2015

Using a menu form, a button opens a form in data entry view - empty form. The same form is also used for browsing and editing at different times - clicking the button sets the properties when opening the form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Enter New Animals", acNormal,,,acFormAdd,,"New"

I changed the form's resource source from a table to a query that I based on the table - same fields. Now, clicking the menu button to open the form in data entry view opens the form filled with data. I have no idea why this should matter. Editing and browsing mode are still working fine.

Any idea why changing the record source is inhibiting

Susan H.