[AccessD] Grouped fields on a report

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:28:04 CDT 2015

I have an acc 2013 report that has many fields appearing to be "grouped" -
I am using that term guardedly because I don't know what to call this
condition - it persists even when the Group & Sort button is in its
untoggled (off) state. The manifestation is dashed box around all the
fields, including both the bound controls and the labels next to them. And
in the upper left corner of this "group" there is a plus-sign-in-box image
that can be right-clicked on, but the choices when I do so do not include
anything related to Grouping.

Anyway my challenge is three-fold - to understand what this feature
purports to do for this report; if anything useful, I have some recently
added fields below the "grouped" fields, which should share in this
condition as they are similar to the other fields. And last, if it is not a
useful/needed feature, how do I turn it off?

Thanks, I hope I have described the condition adequately to get some
guidance.

Bill