[AccessD] Inconsistent Front Ends

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:28:38 CDT 2015

I'm troubleshooting an application that is behaving differently from one
machine to another.  I work in a front end copy to correct some problems
the users are having, and test it and test it until it's working properly.
But when I deploy it on the end users computers (there are 3) it turns
flakey on me!

One of the problems I was correcting had to do with records 'dropping off'
- 4 records would be returned by the initial query into a temp table, the
user would select all 4 to move them into the real backend table, and only
3 would make it.  I tested my code over and over again on my machine
without a hitch; but when I installed it on the floor sometimes all 4
records would make it to the backend, sometimes only 3.

There is one computer in particular that seems to be wackier than the other
two. That third computer consistently drops the records (in this particular
example) whereas the other 2 would only drop some of the time.  There are
other weird behaviors too, but this is the easiest to describe.

Where do I start to trouble shoot this?

I worked in a small office  environment before, and since I was the one who
kept all of the pcs up to date I never worried about inconsistencies from
one to the other - and never experienced an issue like this.

Thank you!

Janet Erbach