[AccessD] Access2010 - Wait for Post Processing

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:45:08 CDT 2015

HI all,
In the final stages of migrating an Access2003 application to Access2010.

One of the Forms are pretty heavy on the Open and Timer events setting up
the form and preparing data.

In Access 2010 the Form breaks and says such and such query does not exist
when attempting to hook up a record source....

I was pulling my hair, and in the end started going over the Form
properties because I didn't know what else to do - case of looking for
answers in the dark I guess...

And suddenly I stumble over a Form property I've never paid attention to -
simply because Access2003 has been the platform of choice up until recently
- but not after July!!

The form property is called : Wait for Post Processing

Since the form does a lot on the initial run on the Timer Event I thought
lets turn this property on...

This was after I gave up on looking for information in MS's useless Help
basket!

Lo and behold - the form jumped back to it's old and tried well performing
state...

So, anyone who can throw some light on this property?

I wonder why a Form in Access2003 could live without it but the same Form
cannot in Access2010???

/borge