[AccessD] Dropped records...Boatloads of them

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:35:27 CDT 2015

Hello all -

I've corresponded with you all in the last couple of months about records
dropping from an access database in a manufacturing environment.  About
once a week we'd find 1-2 dropped records in a tool crib database.   We
installed UPS's in the area where this was happening and...fingers
crossed...so far so good.  No dropped records since they went in 3 weeks
ago.

Today I learned that a manufacturing scrap database was missing records,
too.  868,105 records to be exact:  All records from 2014 and several
months worth from 2015.  Thankfully I was able to restore them from a
shadow copy.

The likelihood of an end-user deleting all that data manually is so slim
that I don't even consider it a possibility.  Can a noisy wireless network
environment and/or power brown-outs cause such a large chunk of data to go
missing like that?

Janet Erbach