[AccessD] Visual Studio and source control

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Nov 14 12:07:26 CST 2015

Hi John

First question: Why not VS2015?

You may have your reasons for choosing VS2013, but I believe the GitHub support (the add-in) is better in VS2015. That said, it works, but I think the user interface and way to operate is primitive and clumsy - but it works when you have found out ... it's not difficult but not very logical.

Second: I just use a shared network folder for my Git repositories. Then, when I tell so from VS, the current project is synced to GitHub (I only use the public site).

GitHub is a Linux thing, so it shouldn't be very offending to you ... but as you seem to be in a hurry, I binged for alternatives (because also I actually would like to have my own server as the public server is, eh, just that: Public) and found GitStack targeted at lazy people like me having other things to do:

     http://gitstack.com/

They sport a "Basic" full-featured community version limited to two users, but wouldn't that fit your setup?

I'll give it a look in the near future.

/gustav