[AccessD] MySQL db on Arvixe linux server

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Oct 8 10:34:04 CDT 2015

Thanks Stuart,

Is it possible to connect using ADO and perform operations programmatically?
I am not clear on why connections are limited on Linux servers. It seems the
MySql odbc driver likes to connect on port 3306. Is that typically blocked
on Linux servers. When I have a MySql database on a Windows shared hosting
server I can connect with ADO. The application I am looking at is simple and
has only one main table. It would be easy to keep Access on the client
computer synchronized with the server db if we can connect.

Thanks

Doug