[AccessD] 64 bit app

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Oct 12 09:29:51 CDT 2015

Rocky,

 In addition to what's been said, look at the second comment in the thread
here:

http://rdsrc.us/yrb0iS

 Which gives you some links for an code inspector and docs on all the calls
for 64 bit that you might need to modify.

 Also keep in mind one other thing; *everything* out of your app needs to be
64 bit.   That means any references, 3rd party controls, DLL's, ODBC Drivers
that would be used all need to be 64 bit.

 Most are still avoiding 64 bit because a lot of software is still not
available in 64 bit editions.

 That's changing a bit finally, but there's still a lot out there not
available for 64 bit.  I'd tell your client to be very careful moving into
64 bit.  Make sure they look at everything they use and verify that it is
available for 64 bit.

 Some after doing so find it worth the effort to move back to 32 bit.

Jim.