[AccessD] Password Protected Back End

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Oct 13 18:17:22 CDT 2015

Dear List:

A few years back I password protected a back end and made the appropriate
changes in the VBA to accommodate.  Mostly where I Set db = CurrentDb, I
substituted:

    Dim wrkJet As Workspace
    Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("", "admin", "", dbUseJet)
    Set db = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(gstrDB, False, False, ";pwd=avery")

which worked just fine.  So now I have to do the same thing for another app
and after making that change in the opening form, everything seems to work
fine.

Except the combo box with the user names is blank and when I ran the query
that's the Row Source for that combo box I get the error "Not a Valid
Password".

So I combed through the first app to see what I might have done differently
but can't find anything. That error is global to all the queries in the app.
And all of the forms give that error and in design view all the bound text
boxes have an invalid control source.

Trying to relink the tables using the linked table manager I get the same
result.  Won't link - "Not a valid password"

So, there's something my senior brain can't remember about how I got all
these object to recognize the back end.  Anybody know what I need to do?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334