[AccessD] Looking for easy form solution

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Wed Oct 28 13:13:33 CDT 2015

I don't think we need anything quite so grand. :) Only a few people will be entering data and it'll be the same people entering the same data.

The list box selects all of the flock/herd by default and I'll train them to click an individual they want to exclude, but I can see them forgetting that step. If they do, they can pull up the view records form and delete it. :)

Susan H.

I don't remember you posting anything indicating that you have an ID and timestamp on each entry, but that makes it a lot easier to 'extract' a set of changes in order to review and change them, and also to go through as an audit trail - Who did what to the database (and by implication the animals) in what order, and when.
Also facilitates things like checking waiting periods before other actions can be performed -

Re confirmation actions -
Well, I just spent an hour entering that, and now I have to check each and every part of the entry - Oh! yes of course I did it all correctly!

Followed the day after by Ah! - Only 12 doses gone from the cupboard and I seem to remember making a 14 entry set!

JimB

This route is working well. I'm wondering though, if I should go to the trouble of displaying the records "to be" committed beforehand and giving the user a last chance to remove an animal? If the user makes a mistake, it's no big deal to pull up the medical records and delete an individual record, but they'd have to remember to do so. I'm inclined not to do this and add it later if they ask for it.

It seems like a lot of work to me.

Susan H.