[AccessD] mailto: in excel export of email address

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Sep 4 09:01:46 CDT 2015

I always use TransferSpreadsheet as a first line solution.  But, as you
point out, it doesn't give you much control.  So I've done a lot of direct
writing of data to Excel especially where formatting or formulas are
involved or anything other than a direct transfer of a data value from an
Access field to an Excel cell.

The object model for Excel had a bit of a learning curve, but once you get
it, virtually everything you can do in Excel you can do to a spreadsheet
from a bit of code in Access.

The real breakthrough came when I read somewhere about recording a macro in
Excel and then cribbing out the code it generates and pasting it into your
Access CBF. Same tick as using the QBE grid in Access to generate complex
SQL statements for you.  Once I got the hang of that, I didn't have to
research how to automate some Excel feature - just recorded the macro and
walla! The code I needed.

I'm going to put an apostrophe in front of that email address and see what
happens at the client site.  Stay tuned for an update...

Thanks