[AccessD] Windows 8 -> 10

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 6 13:06:28 CDT 2015

Hi Bill

You can do as you like. An upgrade takes a little longer because it tries to save all user info and files.
We have all important stuff on local file servers or OneDrive, so there really isn't much to safe, and you are not left with an Windows.old folder you most likely would delete anyway.

Our Surface Pro 2 I chose to upgrade because I don't have an external dvd for it. So you logon as admin and run the ISO file from an external drive.

Now all our four machines at home run Windows 10 - my ThinkStation, a Fujitsu Q9000 with i3, the old Pavilion zd8000, and a Surface Pro 2 - all attached to our AD etc. It's a relief.

Just installed Visual Studio 2015 Community on the old Pavilion. It runs not speedy, of course, but great.

/gustav