[AccessD] Windows 8 -> 10

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Sep 6 18:12:06 CDT 2015

Hi Bill,

In my case I used a clean box install as
1: The PC was Monica's old XP unit, which I had wiped fully and was thinking about using a test server or something
2: I signed up for the Windows 10 insider preview so I wanted to use a beta-box for that and not a real live useful PC
3: That worked out well, as in the early days there were a few times when the latest update would fry the system and a clean re-install was necessary.

On my 'real' PC's I am waiting for a few more months at least before updating to W10.  They are still fixing stuff, although it is pretty good and I like it - I also know that waiting costs nothing and generally pays dividends.

Cheers
Darryl