[AccessD] Database that stays in background

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Sep 15 07:12:55 CDT 2015

 Yes certainly.

 My suggestion would be to let it run in the system tray.  My other
suggestion is to only use a form timer to "wake up" the app and let it check
on things.  In other words don't rely on the timer to actually keep track of
the time.

  Just let it wake up the app once a minute and execute code to ask "do I
need to do anything right now?"  I've found that often works better and it's
much more flexible rather then trying to have one timer take care of many
different tasks.

Jim.